NOSSA has produced:
South Australia’s Native Orchids
Dr Frances Greeshaw
“the CD for the South Australian Orchid arrived today and I am currently having a look at it. May I say it is brilliant! It is one of the best plant guides that I have seen with the level of detail, set up, language and use-ability. I wish reference guides of this type were available during my peak time of field surveys.”
Assistant Director, Species Information Section
Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, ACT
This DVD-ROM is a complete guide to all orchids found in South Australia. See DVD Flyer.pdf for a sample of some of the pages.
RRP: $25.00 (Prices are in Australian dollars) plus postage and handling
- NOSSA – Contact Us
- State Flora, Belair
- Trees For Life
- Australian Orchid Foundation,http://www.australianorchidfoundation.org.au/publications.html#
- Kingscote Gift Shop, Kangaroo Island
Start With the Leaves
In September 2011, Heritage Bushcare published Start with the Leaves: A simple guide to common orchids and lilies of the Adelaide Hills by Robert Lawrence.
This book is for anyone interested in orchids from the complete novice, who would like to know about plants, to landholders, and bushwalkers through to bush-carers and professionals completing biological surveys.
The book features:
- 50 orchids seen in the Adelaide Hills, most of them common
- Lilies, bulbs and some weeds which can be confused with orchids
- Eight easy to see categories of leaves indicated by a distinctive icon
- Coloured pages for each leaf category
- Photographs in natural settings showing the variations within each species
- A life-size representation of each flower
- Check list for identifying other orchids (the same principles of identification can be used for other plants)
- Northern Lofty
- Kangaroo Island
- South East – 42 of the 50 orchids featured
- western region of Victoria – 41 of the 50 orchids featured
RRP: $34.95 (Prices are in Australian dollars) plus postage and handling
Purchased via the Contact Us page.
On the link below is a sample of what is in Start With The Leaves.
Review on this book are available here.